02 February, 2009

Let's try this again, shall we?

Okay, I've had this blog for a while, but was never really satisfied with it, so I'm starting anew. Same blog, different look, all new posts. It's AilithLite! DietBlog! Yeah, sorry, lame. Anyways, introductions are probably in order. I'm Lauren, but I go by Ailith, or Miho (although my gamer tag isn't any of those-- ha). Usually I'll just go by whatever suits me at the time. I'm a freshman/sophomore in college, majoring in Psychology. I'm a writer, an artist, and an all around crazy chick. I will give you a word of warning, though: The content of this blog contains foul language (unsuitable for young children), liberal points of view (unsuitable for staunch conservatives), psychological rants (unsuitable for Scientologists-- no offense, guys!--or people very firmly based in reality/normalcy), and/or unusual religious beliefs (unsuitable for fundamentalist *insert religion here*). ^_^ As long as we're clear on that, I think we can get along just fine.
Another thing: I'm diagnosed ADHD (13 years and counting), so I might tend to ramble or get a little metaphysical at times. Please understand that this is just how my mind works-- I can't help it, especially when I'm writing. Read enough of my blog, or anything else I write for that matter, and you'll (probably) get used to it. Heh.

Today was the first day back from our unexpected break last week-- my college pretty much says, 'We won't even close school if the apocalypse itself were upon us!' Yeah, we had four days canceled and one day of delay (Tuesday through Friday, and Saturday, respectively). You're funny, university! Very funny. I was going stir crazy there on Saturday after being trapped in this apartment (it's a dorm, but more like an apartment than traditional student housing on most campuses) for nearly a week! Ughh. Not so fun. I did get out of the building today, though, which was nice. Tons of snow and ice melting all around campus was not so nice, though. Just for reference, I live and go to school on two different sides of the Ohio River, and the side I live on was one of the hardest hit areas by the recent WINTER STORM OF '09. Yeah, glad I didn't decide to go home last weekend! My parents had no power all last week, but thankfully got it back on Sunday. I'll say this for my school: it may be small, and kinda boring at times, but damn if the power's not reliable. Even last fall when the WIND STORMS OF '08 knocked out power in this area for a week or two, it flickered here. That's it, that's all, and we were thankful. Yesh indeed we were.

So I have class in about an hour and a half...yeah, not fun. It's Astronomy, though, which I do enjoy, but...7:30-10:00?? What the hell was I thinking?! I wasn't, apparently, that's what that means. Ha! I guess I am kinda ridiculous. Oh, that's right-- I still have homework to do for tomorrow! Yeahhhh...that'll be done when I get back from class tonight. We're going to some planetarium at a HIGH SCHOOL an exit up the interstate, and I'm thinking...why the fuck does F---- C------ High School have a freaking -planetarium-? o.O Yeah, it makes no sense. But I like planetariums, so it should be pretty cool!
Lately I've been getting back into the whole 'space' thing. I'm remembering about space camp, I've been reading this book 'Failure is Not an Option' by Gene Kranz, I have Astronomy class tonight for crying out loud...yeah, that and I've been talking about asteroid mining. This is more definitive proof that I'm a nerd. HAH.

No comments: