04 February, 2009

In which Lauren discovers that Anna Nalick was right about one thing

I just need to breathe...things have been hectic lately, and it's all in my mind. How ironic, neh? I long ago learned that I have almost no capacity to deal with stress, and yet I constantly create stress for myself out of...well, I don't even know what. Honestly, I have homework to do, I really ought to go to the library and return those freakin' books and get some new ones, and yet, I feel not at all compelled to do so. How lazy am I?! Maybe I just need a boost of concentration. Oh, ADHD, have you made me such a procrastinator that I can't even tell if it's your fault or mine anymore? Hahaaa, how pathetic.
I don't excuse my behavior by blaming it all on the disorder, though-- it was probably a part of me to begin with, but my little mental issue has most likely enhanced it -__- But there are one or two things I thank it for, one of them being my Hyperfocus Ability (lovely little unexpected perk, there), which gives me +2 to Concentration checks when it's a Favored Skill. (Yeah, nerdy talk. Deal with it.)
Okay, I think I have sufficient motivation to brave the cold and head over to the library. It'll give me something to do, anyways, so why the hell not? I might as well pack up my notebooks and make it an afternoon affair. XD Well, that is, after I get something more substantial to eat and charge up my iPod a little...oh, yeah, and I have to pick up my roommate's trombone...so dammit! Thwarted by outside factors once again! I will go to the library today, though, I swear. I've made my mind up about it. ^^
Damn...I still have homework for Honors to do, and an application for housing next year that I need to turn in...and I probably ought to make an appointment with Dr. Day about resuming counseling sessions... *sigh* So much to do!!!

Addendum: Just remembered that I'm gonna be over at the library tomorrow afternoon, so it'd be stupid to go today...*dumbass*

No comments: